We've come too far to give up who we are,
so let's raise the bar and our cups to the stars!
- Daft Punk, Get Lucky
. . . . . . .
Current Residence: Tuscany, Italy
Favourite genre of music: Celtic music, rock and soundtracks/trailer music (And almost everything else. ...It depends on the mood!)
Favourite style of art: Art Nouveau and Realistic
MP3 player of choice: my mobile phone. XD
Favourite cartoon character: Orochimaru-sama, Yakushi Kabuto, Dante Vale
Personal Quote: "We'll die fighting!"; "My life should be a musical!!!"
What does your username mean?
Describe yourself in three words.
Are you left or right handed?
What was your first deviation?
What is your favourite type of art to create?
If you could instantly master a different art style, what would it be?
What was your first favourite?
What type of art do you tend to favourite the most?
Who is your all-time favourite deviant artist?
If you could meet anyone on DeviantArt in person, who would it be?
How has a fellow deviant impacted your life?
What are your preferred tools to create art?
What is the most inspirational place for you to create art?
What is your favourite DeviantArt memory?
(Ahah, it feels a bit like being back to school... )
1. I've been a registered Deviant since March 17, 2007, but I had already been lurking around a lot... every time I looked for images and fanart on Google, most of the time I was redirected on this mysterious site full of artistic awesomeness...
2. My username is my "fictional name" in the Naruto universe (yeah, DeviantArt had a main role during my years of serious Naruto obsession... ^^), and it's composed by three Japanese words: "Chō" (butterfly), "Ryū" (dragon) and "Nami" (wave).
3. The first thing that comes to to mind is "procrastinator": though I'm working hard to heal from this disease, sometimes the calling o my bed or sofa is too strong not to answer... and I tend to take too many naps when I should work on something useful instead.
Then, no doubt, I'm a dreamer. I can't think of anything I love more than imagining my own worlds, seeing them come to life in my reality, and looking for magic in every little thing of my everyday life. I also love to try and make the impossible come true, and I have to say that sometimes... amazing things just happen.
Last but not least, I like to be independent: though I can't really be that, if you mean "earning enough money to live on her own", I am when it comes to travel and doing things no one else likes as much as me. If I want to go and attend a piano recital, wherever it is, I go, no matter if someone is coming with me or not. If I want to live my dreams experiencing mindblowing concerts or film festivals abroad, no problem, I can do that on my own. It was hard the first time, accepting that I had to do what I love most alone... but it wasn't long before I learnt to love it: the unique experiences it brings, and the unexpected, magical meetings and new friendships it makes happen!!!
4. I'm right handed. No congenital genius characteristics, then, but I'm working on it...
5. The first deviation I submitted was, of course, a Naruto fanart, depicting my two most beloved characters: it was an experimental mix of fanart and tribute to actors I loved, but take a better look for yourself... ^_^
6. Initially fanarts, but now I'd like to manage to create more art for my personal worlds and mythologies...
7. I'd definitely choose Mucha style. I love realism, too, but most of all I'd love to be able to create majestic Art Nouveau posters and decoration! I'm trying to do that, from time to time, but I'm tragically far away from mastering the style...
8. The first favourite in my collection is this one:
But I have to say that my very first favourite stuff from DeviantArt, when I wasn't even registered yet, was Sin City fanarts. I can't even begin to explain how mindblown I was by the awesomeness of those Kevin drawings...
9. I think most of the art I tend to favourite usually has some "fantasy" element in it. Be it dragons or strange creatures, or just the atmosphere, or even the execution, dreamy and evocative.
10. Hard question... but it's no mystery that I've been in love with CristianaLeone's and jesterry's style for ages.
11. Ha! There are so many people I shared some good virtual chats with, or who drew something amazing for me, and with whom I basically spent some seriusly good times here on DA: oryx-gazella, Su-Kichuya, Nivalis70, JennyJinya, AngelLale87 (and of course CristianaLeone!) are some of the many DA people I would love to meet in real life too!
12. One Deviant in particular has become such an important part of my life it's even hard to explain... we may have actually met only once, and only for very few days, but we share a rare friendship that's hard to find these days, and we love to tell each other our bizarre life adventures... you know who you are!!!
13. I can't help doodling everytime I have the chance: I just can't help myself, but what I draw this way usually remains just a doodle, even though I often have great ideas on how to develop it. I started with traditional art (pencils), but recently I've learnt to love the magic of digital creations and of another very traditional medium: oil painting!
14. My most inspirational place to create art is, without a doubt, MUSIC!!!
Ah, so many good memories... maybe when I found the-silverware and ritam and realized they worked on one of my favourite cartoons, and then this led me to discover a whole new world of great art and incredibly good fantasy literature? Or when I caught my first and only Kiriban! XD Or, simply, every time I began to realize that a virtual connection was turning into a new friendship...